Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Another one Bites the Dust

Another class has ended. I'm 10 weeks into a 2.5-3 year program. I think I did okay. Probably about a B in this class, but it's still passing. I'm happy. It was sociology. Quite an interesting topic, really. I learned a lot. Next up is Environmental Science. I took Environmental Biology my first go-round at college, but they swear this is different. I hope it is.

My kids have been in Disneyland with their grandma since last Saturday, and they're driving home tonight (actually, grandma is driving. They're 7 and 9). My son, who loves to travel and gives me a complex about being a bad mother because he likes to be away so much, said that he didn't miss home much. Thanks, kid! :-) Actually, my mother and I were also the same way-we love to be going somewhere. He comes by it honestly. My daughter is more excited about coming home and wants to see me. She's a sweetie.

While our kids were away and my husband was working this past weekend, I went to Kingman, AZ for the weekend. I did absolutely nothing. Well, I watched endless TV, my friend (who moved to Las Vegas last fall and met me there) and I talked endlessly and went out to dinner. We did visit a scrapbooking store and I got a few cute things. Totally restful, and a lovely drive.

My husband and I got a call from the place we bought our last car this week, also. They want to buy it back (right!). It's just a 2005 Malibu; but they swear they need them (they're lying. You know how I can tell? Their lips are moving.). But, the kids being gone and us having not much to do, we went to see them. Tony (hubby) found a neat VW station wagon he was interested in for $12,000-ish. We got to the dealership, and they love our Malibu. It's in really good condition (of course, I shouldn't type that because now, I'll get in a wreck), not a scratch on it, low miles, the works. I've never cared for the color; sand metallic I think they call it. But they "need" that color because it wasn't overproduced. Whatever. Before we went the guy said he'd give us $18k for it. We get there, and I think they originally offered us $13k. And the VW suddenly cost $16k instead of 12. Hmmm. No dice, we said. They came back with $15k for our trade. Nope, said we. We want $18k and the VW was listed at $12k on the internet. The funniest thing was that they tried to get us to sign this scrap of paper saying we would buy the VW if we could get $18 for our trade. We refused to sign it. For once, we didn't get walked on buy a car salesman. They kept offering us ridiculously bad deals, and we kept turning them down. We left in the car we came with. They're still calling us. It felt good to stand up for ourselves. It may sound dumb, but it was kind of cool.

I seem to be fighting migraines all this week. It's a bummer. I missed an hour of work Monday because of one; I left early. Of course, this being America, I made it up the next day being as busy as I was. This job is never slow, which is a good thing, really. I can't stand being bored at work. If I've gotta be there, I need something to do! I certainly have that.

Well, it's 10:19 here on the west coast of the dust bowl, so I need to get some sleep. I hope y'all have a pleasant evening! :-))

No comments: