Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Random Wednesday

"Animal Crackers and Cocoa to drink,
This is the finest of breakfasts, I think.

Animal crackers are okay, but those cinnamon-y alphabet cookies are even better with cocoa. I learned that poem in the first grade, I think.

Why does it feel so easy and natural to walk straight past another human being and not acknowledge them, both people keeping their eyes straight forward as though the other person isn't there? That doesn't seem natural to me, and I'm going to quit letting it happen. Just so you know.

I have slowly become a coffee snob. If it isn't "really good" coffee, I don't want any. How in the world did this happen? I'm a Michigan-raised, store-brand, generic prescription type of gal. I've found that I also like Earl Grey tea. It makes me feel content. I have no idea why.

My kids are fabulous. My son is becoming a brilliant musician and artist, while also being incredibly intelligent. My daughter sat at the table tonight adding and subtracting three-digit numbers (in the form of currency, like $8.32) in. her. head. Without the use of fingers, calculators, or paper to write a problem on.

My husband and I celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary on the 19th of this month. We are celebrating by going to Prescott, AZ for this coming weekend. I am excited!

I have started losing track of the many, many projects I have at work. I am interrupted at least 15-20 times per hour. I sit at the front desk, and act as the receptionist for our two companies, plus the administrative assistant for the accounting, scheduling, HR departments, as well as my boss, who is the practice manager. I feel like my head is going to spin around so much some day, it will just fall off and land gracefully on the carpet.

I have a cousin who is with YWAM, a youth ministry-missionary group. I only hear from him when they have financial problems. I don't have much to give, but I told him I'd pray for him and his family. They're adopting a little boy from Guatemala, and in the red tape involved, have gone through what they had saved. I doubt I'll hear from him again for at least a year. Maybe I'll be wrong. I'd like that, too.

I learned this evening (while typing this entry, in fact) that I prefer Wal-Mart brand Hot Chocolate to Swiss Miss. See-I'm still a Michigan girl! Whew!

I hope you've enjoyed this little trek through my thought processes. Have a pleasant tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I like to look at people and smile at them (unless they look like scary strangers to me), and they almost always smile back! Such a small but happy thing! :)

Congrats on your anniversary on the 19th! My hubby and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary, also on the 19th, by going to my in-laws' cabin in Pine this coming weekend! So we'll all be cold, yay! ;)

ioio said...

I've always been a bit of a coffee snob. But now it's over the edge. I lust after Intelligentsia coffee. NOBODY makes it better then they do. I feel like I'm in Italy it so intense and amazing. Their soy lattes don't taste burnt and they don't get all cheap-y like Starbucks and offer milkshakes. It's the real deal here with straight-up coffee drinks with no frilly extras. Just damn fine java!

Good for you. Life's too short to get stingy on what you like...even if it's hot cocoa.