Saturday, January 05, 2008

Award, Part Deux

I learned something else this week that is absolutely fascinating. Get this...if you don't want to wait until whatever time the postal worker arrives at your business location, you do have an option. You have the option to pay...yes, PAY $700 every six months to be able to go pick up your own mail at the post office.

That's right, you PAY $1400.00 per year to PICK UP YOUR OWN mail and for this outrageous fee, the Postal Service gets to process LESS work (they already have to sort it in order to deliver it, so all that remains is putting it aside for you to pick up). Wow...that must be a long walk to the "put aside" area in order to cost $1400 per year!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

FOOLISHNESS! Stinkin' Post Office.

Nancy Face said...

But they know people will pay that ridiculous amount, so they go right ahead and charge that much!!!

I have to say that I love the main post office in my town. Every time I go in, I am treated with friendliness, courtesy, and professional service. Sometimes I even get a Tootsie Roll! I feel like every postal worker in there is my friend! I don't even mind standing in those long lines! :)

ioio said...

Thank goodness the postal service doesn't own/run a restaurant.

Everything would be covered in spit!

We now have a new mailperson, but both persons (who were either re-routed or fired) delivered our mail AFTER 9 PM. Once my mother visited us this summer and she started laughing because the maillady was delivering our mail at like 10 o'clock in the dark with a flashlight.