Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fantastic, favorite food

Food is one of my favorite things, so I thought it would be appropriate, since I just finished grocery shopping, to write about it. Sometimes, in the stress of daily life, nothing is ever so good as one of the following things, depending on the situation.

Ice cream-at least twice a week, at night before bed. Takes the edge off a long day like you wouldn't believe

Oranges-wow! what can I say? One of the true "happy fruits." Great for lifting a mood or for munching on at work when the day is slow and I'm about to nod off.

Pineapple-the other happy fruit. Same properties as oranges, but with a more tropical flavor.

Maruchan Chicken Flavored Ramen-I know. 950,000,000 grams of sodium. But it tastes so good when I'm hungry late at night. To make it even yummier, I drain the noodles, put a little butter on them, and sprinkle just part of the seasoning packet on it-no more than half. Then I try to eat one noodle at a time, winding it around my fork. Yes, I know...weird. But effective!

Spear-O-Mint Life Savers-They have these in the little card shop in the building I work in. These are fabulous, low fat crunchy things that help immensely when I'm stressed at work. I have been known to go through 2 packs a day. Oh, no! I'm a 2-pack-a-day lifesaver addict!!

Tazo Awake Tea-Ummmmmmm....

Good Earth Tea with Caffeine-Ummmmmmmmm...first thing in the morning.

M & Ms-Plain, chocolate ones. Sometimes I eat a few at a time, others I let one melt in my mouth until the inner, thin layer of coating is really soft, then bite in and get all the chocolatey, gooey goodness.

Cranberry Juice and Sprite-when I'm feeling decadent, yet thirsty.

My homemade pizza-with plenty of fresh spinach, tomatoes, LOTS of garlic, and lots of mozzarella. This is perfect for when I want to tuck in for the evening with my husband, and there's a game on, or something else we want to watch.

Applesauce and saltine crackers-when I'm nauseous. Also works with saltine crackers and Sprite.

I didn't buy any M & Ms at the store. If I keep them around the house, I end up putting them in the refrigerator and eating them cold, which is even better than having them at room temperature.

Any foods that make you feel better?

3 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am offically starving now. I love chicken flavored ramen! It is my guilty pleasure.

Nancy Face said...

Are you saying you MIX cranberry juice and Sprite? Because that mix is just about my favorite drink EVER! :D

ioio said...

fries usually do it for me, but they have to come from very specific places in order for them to have the crazy-high-like-a-kite effect on me.

otherwise, tortilla chips and homemade salsa and homemade guacamole.

bread'll do it do. i guess i'm a fan of carbs.
and vegetable asian dumplings.

and french wine.