Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm crazy now, just like the others...

It seems I've joined the rest of the world in publicly talking to myself. Yes, now I'll be one of those nuts who, while walking down the street, suddenly bursts into conversation. Yes, I've acquired a new toy. A bluetooth toy. I've been meaning to get a hands-free thingie so that when I talk on my phone while driving I'm not maniacally endangering the lives of others. I've been feeling guilty for years now, not having one.

And because I have kids and a husband who works nusto hours, being available should something come up is valuable. And the bluetooth came in a package with my phone, sort of, when we changed carriers and got new phones. And yes, if we were going to continue with cell phone service of any kind, we needed new phones. A full charge would last anywhere from 3 hours to a day and a half-not exactly reliable, if you know what I mean. Plus my husband couldn't use his at work, and, as I've mentioned, he works a lot, so it was a problem. His office is underground, as it's on the same level as the stage in the theater where he works, so if he wanted to call he'd have to tie up the office line. Not pretty.

So anyway, I have a bluetooth and will someday burst into conversation in the middle of the street, or in a store, and it will probably annoy some people. Most things annoy some people. My life is more convenient because of it, and safer while driving, and I can live with that.

No comments: