Friday, April 20, 2007

What a Day!

Wow. WOW. What a day!

First, I joined the walkers at work, so I'll be walking from 11:00 a.m. until 11:30 every day. I went today and did everything the others did, with the exception of one floor of the parking garage (they walked up the stairs to the 7th floor, I made it to the 6th. I still rock for trying). I felt great afterward, like I probably wouldn't die of heart failure if I took the stairs up to ground level from the basement of the parking garage, where I park daily.

I picked up my kids after work, went home, and found my new neighbor standing in front of my house. She looked poised to get in my car as I parked, but she didn't. I said "hi, can I help you?" in a friendly manner, because I've never met her-only her daughter. She told me that some jerk in a car hit a puppy and drove off. The puppy died, and he came back later on a bike, picked up the dead puppy, and PUT HER IN THE LAWN CHAIR ON OUR FRONT PORCH!! So my 8 year old and 10 year old were welcomed home by a dead puppy. This sweet neighbor called Animal Control, and they were supposed to come get the puppy. As of 8:30 this evening, they hadn't.

I went to the mailbox (past the dead puppy) to get the mail, only to find that the city is bitching and moaning about the height of the weeds in the alley. So, I went out back and cut the weeds down with the weed eater. I finally thought of what to do with the dog, so I got a box, and kind of dumped her into it. I set her, in the box, out on the curb, because my kids wouldn't even come out front to water the flowers with me. I sprayed the lawn chair with 50/50 bleach and water, and let it sit while I watered the flowers, then sprayed the chair off to rinse it.

Then I came in the house, we had dinner and did evening stuff, and as I put the kids to bed, I noticed water oozing out under my son's bedroom carpet. We had our outdoor faucet, directly in front of his room, fixed yesterday, and the plumber (who actually answered his phone at 9:30 p.m.) thinks it's "residual water" from the leak our outdoor faucet had. So, I dried it up as best I could, and if it doesn't come back, all is well.

I'm really tired of this whole adult, parent, homeowner, grownup thing.

2 comments:

ioio said...

yes. what a day indeed! i've got a cave you can escape to--if you ever need it, i'll leave a key under the mat.

Help I need a user name! said...

Thanks-will you leave some scordalia by the entrance??

:)