Sunday, April 22, 2007

Got an Oar?

Yeah, well. The best laid plans...don't always lay down right. Remember how I said that the water I found in our hallway looked to be residual, I was to dry it up, and if it didn't come back, all was well? All's NOT well.

We had a broken pipe. The kind plumber came out to fix it, and $400 later, that's taken care of. I'm thankful we got our tax return deposit in our bank account on Friday; it will really help. Now, however, the "restoration" starts. I've been crawling on my hands and knees for hours on my son's bedroom floor, picking up toys, clothes (mostly sodden), books (many sodden), and paper (wet paper-yuck!!). Do you know how many K'Nex and Lincoln Logs and Legos and Magnetix and McDonald's cheap plastic crap fit into a 9-year-old boy's bedroom? Yeah...I didn't really count. Lots. LOTS. I can tell you that.

And now, at 11:04 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (ok, can we please, please, as a country, just pick a friggin' time??), we (yay! my husband is home from work!) are starting on our daughter's room. Do you know how many My Pretty Ponies, Barbies, Polly-who-the-hell-thought shoes measuring less than 1/8 inch in length were a good idea-Pockets, Care Bears, Princesses, dress-up clothes, and McDonald's cheap plastic crap fit into an 8-year-old girl's room? I'm probably not gonna count, in the interest of my own sanity.

But, on a good note, the city finally picked up the dead puppy! Woo-Friggin'-Hoo!!!!

:-)

2 comments:

ioio said...

If magic Fairy Land really does exist, you deserve a first class trip there!

Woah. I'm so sorry to hear about the pipe, the lost cash, and the incredible pick-up in your children's rooms. (The description was hilarious though! Most especially the Polly...Pocket one! HAHA!)

Too bad all toys don't have magnets in them. Then you could hold up a giant magnet and they would all stick to it instantly.

Again, talk to those ponies and see if they can ride you off to Fairy Land. Tell Polly Pocket she can play mom for the day.

Help I need a user name! said...

What a fabulous idea! I love the idea of riding a Pretty Pony to Fairy Land.

I have a couple of quick questions for you, if you have a minute...

First, in my Easter post, my pictures keep showing up as empty boxes with little Xs in them...do you know if I can do anything to make them show up?

And last (at least for tonight), how do I acquire a site meter?

Thanks, ever so!!

Penny