Monday, June 25, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday!

We celebrated our son's 10th birthday this past weekend by way of a camping trip with friends and family. We went to a campground near Blue Ridge Reservoir, about 30-40 miles northeast of Strawberry, Arizona.

It was a fun weekend. I left work Friday, picked up pop and water, picked up the dogs and the groceries from the house (well, most of them, anyway), and headed up "northeast." It was a winding drive up Hwy. 87, but my new ipod kept me company (they are really fun!). I arrived at camp a little after 10 p.m. and we stayed until Sunday afternoon. We hiked, ate too much, talked; there were some ham radio operators in the group and they did their thing, my husband enjoyed his new video camera, and I got to knit a little bit. My nephew had a blast on Saturday, and then vomited all night Saturday night...guess he had the flu.

When we left yesterday afternoon, I suddenly got VERY drowsy, which is not good when one is driving on a twisty, turny road with a daughter in the back seat. I prayed all the way to Payson, where we finally found a McDonald's (I know--yuck, but my daughter likes it and it was fast). I still had to fight to stay awake after we stopped, but it wasn't as bad.

We got home and one of the kids' friends (who was on the camping trip with us) came over to spend the night. The kids were all playing, and suddenly the friend came to me with big, crocodile tears. He said he wanted to go home. The kids were all really tired, actually, after a whole weekend up in the altitude running (literally) all weekend. So his mom came to get him, and before she did, I kept dozing off (while of course, thanking God that we had lived all the way down the mountains!!) waiting for her. And it was the kind of tired where I'd be listening to the TV, which was on, and somehow that would become part of my dream, but not in any way that made sense...I don't know if I'm making sense, actually. But it was weird.

Finally, friend's mom came, and huzbo and I went to bed. Where I continued to dream odd dreams. I woke up feeling fine this morning, and went to work. At about 1:00, I started getting cramps..BIG ones. Almost as bad as labor, but not quite. Then I started getting dizzy, and I got a big headache. Then I started feeling clammy. It was about 1:30, and I told my boss I thought I was getting the flu. She told me to go home, so I did. I was in real pain by the time I got here, and couldn't relieve it whether I was standing, sitting, or lying down. And no, I'm not pregnant. I finally laid down, and then kept dozing in and out, while needing to use the bathroom quite often (how's that for a euphamism?). My head was killing me, so I took two Excedrin Migraine, got a bag of ice, and put it at my feet (I'd heard if you get your feet cold, the blood will rush away from your head to warm your feet...uhhhmmmm, not exactly). Meanwhile, I watched a History Channel documentary about the Titanic, and what angle it was really at when it broke apart before sinking. Eventually I felt better, but it was a rough day! Guess I got the flu from my sweet nephew!

But now it's after midnight, and officially Tuesday, and I have my last class for a few weeks tomorrow night. So I'd better haul my butt to bed. Because as scintillating as my Math for Elementary Educators class is, I still need to get through the day tomorrow. Thanks for reading this far, if you made it. I know I sound like an elderly person, complaining about ailments and such. But hey, if you can't blog about it, then what's the point, right?

Have a pleasant Tuesday!

1 comment:

ioio said...

I'm so sorry you were so ill.

That's just the worst feeling in the world.

I know you're better now, but sending you hugs anyway!