Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Today was weird, all around. People saying weird things, weird things happening with our mail that made no sense. Heck, we even got weird mail...about 40 big cardboard tubes with advertising for a local hospital. Do they know how many immunizations they could have given children with the money they spent on that??

I recently applied for another position in our company, and so did my co-worker. Apparently she was offered the job and turned it down because it didn't pay any more than she was already making. Then I was called in and told I didn't have enough experience. Now, this was after I nearly backed out of interviewing for it, but was convinced to interview anyway by the guy doing the hiring. He knew my experience level and said that my attitude and past experience could carry me a long way. He said he could train me, blah, blah, yadda, yadda. But--nope.
See--weird.

I finished Math for Elementary Educators tonight. I have my next class in September, and don't go back to campus until October (my September class is one-on-one with an instructor, via e-mail). I welcome the break!!

There are, of course, good things. Since I don't have a new job, we can go on vacation this summer. I can also take time off around Christmas, which I couldn't if I had this job. Plus, I truly do have a break...I don't have to learn a new job, and I don't have school for a few months.

It's a little painful, but I know God has a plan, and that His plan is better than mine. So I think I'm going to suck it up and keep keeping on.

Happy Weird Tuesday!

1 comment:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Hmm..the mail thing was REALLY weird. I am just pissed off about the job thing though! But, it IS good to have a break!