Saturday, June 02, 2007

A Productive Day!

Hello, all you out there in readerland! Today, we're starting the "big remodel." So far, I have:

-made waffles for my son for breakfast (my daughter doesn't like waffles-she had an apple and cheese).
-made lunch.
-patched a hole in my wall which was made by my doorknob.
-spackled that.
-scraped the damaged paint off our ceiling from our roof leak years ago ('bout time, eh?).
-spackled an approximately 3 x 3 foot patch of ceiling, covering all the damaged area, so I can re-texture it.
-killed a cockroach
-killed a very large black widow spider (I was getting the primer paint from the back storeroom).
-primed the former doorknob hole so I can texture it successfully (says the can of orange peel).
-primed some other little holes I filled in "while I was at it."

And I am about to:

-prime the ginormous ceiling patch.
-fill the plaster that's cracked next to our bed (plaster is a royal pain, by the way!).
-prime that.
-paint primer on the bathroom ceiling and window (okay, we have hardly any windows in our house, but by golly, there's one in the bathroom! It doesn't open, it's too high to see out of, and it lets in the ridiculously hot desert sun on the west side of the house, and projects said sunlight to the thermostat in the hallway. Love the window).
-sit and knit and watch movies.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

ioio said...

killed a cockroach...yuck. yuck. yuck.

totally amazing accomplishments!