Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Note to pop (soda, Coke, fizzy water) Companies

Hi, there. It's me. One of your not-so-big fans. I like pop (soda, Coke, fizzy water) fine, and, by the way, it's pop. Soda is something you bake with. Fizzy water sounds like something gone wrong in a bad lab experiment. Pop. It's the name. But I digress...

In case you haven't noticed, Pop companies...you stopped selling pop in glass bottles. In, like, 1989! Why, then, must you advertise people drinking from glass pop bottles? They're gone. Well, they're still here in a very limited, very small, very expensive way. But a six-pack of pop in a carton? With 16.9 oz bottles? Not happening.

If you were still cool, pop companies, we could still buy glass bottles. See, glass recycles, just like plastic. Of course, we don't need oil to make glass, or at least not as much oil as we need to make plastic. I know it's not a totally "green" option because the weight of the glass requires more energy to transport, and glass is breakable, yadda, yadda. I still like my pop out of a glass bottle better. Mountain Dew doesn't smell the same in plastic. It's not as citrus-y. Cherry Coke doesn't smell as good, either.

So, that's my request. Bring back glass bottles! Or at least stop making us wish for them with your commercials. Please. Thanks.

3 comments:

Chell said...

Hee hee...Im first! :-)
I agree with you...either bring the cool glass bottles back or get their advertising straight! I also much prefer drinking out of a glass bottle - crazy probably, but its the little things that count!

Nancy Face said...

I LOVE glass bottles! Bring 'em back! :)

Lauren and I would annoy you, because we both insist that it's SODA, not pop! We actually have conversations on the subject, haha! ;)

Randi said...

YES! It's POP!
Finally, someone who understands.