Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Campaigns

I was going to tell you a story about my boss, but with all the lawsuits nowadays I'd better not, for fear I'll be sued and they'll take my 2005 Chevy Malibu. With power windows.

So, at this place where my friend works (I'm not telling you which friend), there's a need for a project to be done. At first it needed to be done by Wednesday afternoon. Then suddenly, yesterday at 3:30, my friend (the random one) tells me that she heard it was due TODAY at noon. Well, by golly, she didn't have enough time to finish the huge project (23 single-spaced pages put into a spreadsheet) by noon TODAY, so my friend, who is not a morning person, got up at 5:00 this morning (if you knew my friend, you would know how early that really is, and how s/he doesn't normally get up anywhere near this time), and she was at work at 6:00. A. Stinkin' M. After being at school until 10:30 last night. And she's old! And she was working her heart out on this spreadsheet.

About 9:00 this morning, she heard that the project wouldn't be due until SOMETIME NEXT WEEK. That's right, sports fans...not noon today, but NEXT STINKIN' WEEK!!

Her boss is campaigning for boss of the year 2008. For sure. Totally.


I am once again campaigning for mother-of-the-year 2008. I brought my kids home from school today because their grandma, who usually picks them up, forgot to. I know...I don't know. So I leave work at 3:00 and race to the school. Meanwhile, school let out at 2 STINKIN': 30! 2:30! I'd write that in capital letters for emphasis if I could, but then it would look like @:#)! and you might not understand. So anyway, I get them, and they're okay, and we head home, because at this point I'm not going back to work. And we get home and I said to my darling kiddos, "let's have a little free time until 5:00, and then I'll make dinner and you guys can pick up your rooms.

I took my shoes off, and sat down on my bed to watch HGTV for a second, and then I woke up and it was 6:00! Again, I'd emphasize with capital letters, but, you know the drill, ^:))! and then you're confused. Nobody wants that. We had cereal for dinner. I am not worthy to even watch Carol Brady on TV. I shouldn't even be in the same room if Carol is on the T.V.

So for the minute and a half that I was conscious after I sat on my bed, I noticed a commercial for Playtex bras. Have you ever noticed that Playtex sells both bras and baby bottles? I had not noticed that consciously until tonight. Anywhoo, I'm watching this woman in her underwear, and she actually describes herself as "stacked." Whaa??? Seriously????? SEEERRIOUSLY???????? We can say "stacked" on T. V. at 4:00 in the afternoon? If even my husband mentioned my stacked-ness I probably couldn't be held responsible for my actions...

In other news, I've had 2 full cups of coffee, a large Mountain Dew, and a large Coke (full-strength) today. And I'm still tired.

But I missed you, and wanted to write and share my joy and rapture at the world. So, Hi!

:)

4 comments:

Chell said...

First! :)

I love reading your blog...its so funny and well written!
I didnt know that they had Mountain Dew in South Africa...and found it on the weekend!! Its so yum!! I have to go and buy some more this weekend...

Nancy Face said...

Wait a second...you think cold cereal for dinner is BAD? Why, it just happens to be one of my favorite foods! I even sneaked a bowl at midnight last night...yum! :D

Bras and baby bottles...makes perfect sense to me! ;)

Randi said...

Hmmmm. That bras and baby bottles thing seems connected, yet strangely not. You know?
And I would have cereal for breakfast every single night if I lived alone. I love it!!

Help I need a user name! said...

Oh, good! So glad to hear that! We have a lot of cereal in the house. We all love it. I somehow think June Cleaver would be turning in her grave, but...I know.

Even my mom tells me to calm down and chill out. She always has. :)