Monday, April 24, 2006

The First Day of School

Well, tonight was my first night at school. So why I titled this "The First Day of School," I have no idea. It was really a night. But I digress. It was a lot of fun! First my advisor and the person who I met with to enroll both called me today to tell me the room number my class would be in. Room 106. I get to Room 106, sit through class 'til the break, and then go to sign in on the attendance sheet...but my name isn't there. The instructor kindly went with me to the office where we discovered I was in the wrong room. I then went to the right room just in time to introduce myself, and then go on break again! Too funny. Long story short, my instructor is wonderful, I think I'll like everyone on my learning team, and I'm really thinking that maybe I can do this college thing after all.

Work is also going well. I'm really starting to pick up on things now and there are fewer questions. I really can't get over how nice everyone is there. We have good days most every day. I'm doing less work but being paid more, I'm not being told every day how crappy anything looks but instead how well I'm doing, it's just amazing. Sometimes I feel guilty being this happy, or maybe afraid is a better word. I know God led me to this so I know it's the right thing. Happily, God also knows and loves my little paranoid brain, so He will lead me through these feelings, too. I'm so grateful that He has blessed me this much!

I had worried that my husband would have trouble getting off work in order to "cover" home when I'm at school and working full-time, but he hasn't. He admits that at least part of his problem was his not having proper boundaries in place in his life, and he was trying to basically play saviour at work. The 60 and 70 hour weeks were getting old, but now it has calmed down. Plus, God is giving me strength to do more than I was doing, so together we're making it work. Amazing.

I must bid you good night now, because my eyes are tired and my brain is, too. May you have a wonderful day/evening!

1 comment:

Give Your Head A Shake said...

I'm so glad to hear your life is coming together in the right ways. That feeling of being "too happy" really resonated with me. It's like we can't imagine why God would want us to have such good things -- almost like if he found out, would he take them away? Hahahaha. But I think of the ways I want Josh to be blessed, and it makes sense to me that God, parent to us all, would want the same things. It's great living in faith!