Sunday, April 30, 2006

It's tired out!

You know, I try. Really I do. And most of the time I think I do okay. But tonight I'm tired. I've had a literal pain in my neck all day. I get these from time to time, usually when I'm stressed out or tired. I'm tired today. Really tired. Our two kids had a total of 4 friends over to spend the night last night, and nobody got enough sleep. My son and three friends were out back in a tent (until one missed his mom and went home; then there were two friends), chatting it up until at least 11:30. My daughter and her friend were watching Cinderella, but then decided to "go to bed." Now mind you, to be honest, they never said they were going to sleep. Just to bed. They proceeded to talk until at least midnight. Mind you, my daughter's friend is 4. I swear my kids go to bed easily when it's "just us" at home, but add a friend or two in any situation and they turn into insomniacs. This they did not get from me; I love my sleep. Not that I've seen it much this past week.

Then there's school. I've worked hard, really. I've done at least an hour of homework time every night; most nights 2 hours. But I haven't been able to keep up with the reading. I hope this coming week to do better. I did get my 750-1050 word paper written (I wrote 960 words, by the way), and I got my search activity and quizzes done, as well as printed off two self-assessment things I have to write, because I don't have the ability to circle answers on my computer. Plus my part of the study group's outline for our presentation is done. But I didn't get all the reading done. I hope it's all okay.

It's 10:13 now, and my brain has shut off as far as taking in any more information. It all sounds like the same gibberish. I'm selfishly deciding to watch West Wing (which we recorded) with my hubby and go to blissful sleep, after taking my Benadryl. Maybe, if I take that, tonight I'll sleep without waking up to sneeze and blow my nose 50 times tonight. Maybe. Damn allergies!
Another week is on the way! :-)

No comments: