Saturday, March 24, 2007

No Banners here

Well, this was not a banner day. I did get some needed things done...like my paper for art class. Well, it's not 100% done, but I'd say at least 80%, and it's easy. I also got my nails done...all of them. So I'm all set for looking decent at work for the next month. I laid around and watched movies. I got groceries, put them away, and did dishes. But all day, I felt kind of "empty."

I also had a mini-argument with my husband, which probably contributed to the emptiness. I got totally frustrated with a situation, and told him so in a phone message. It's a whole big mess I don't want to get into here, but there it was. I don't feel sorry that I said what I did, really. I wasn't mean, I didn't say anything that wasn't true. I didn't intentionally say hurtful things (though he may be hurt). I said what I felt, what I wanted, and what I needed. Then I called back and apologized for telling him these things. And I am sorry, if I hurt him.

But I don't feel better, or worse, for having communicated what I felt, or for apologizing. I'm stuck in the middle. I know God loves me when I'm stuck in the middle, but I don't feel like I'm all that much to write home about.

Does anyone else watch happy, goofy, chick-flick movies when they're having a bummer day, or is that just me?

3 comments:

Tori :) said...

I blog or do Dance Dance Revolution. But chick flicks work too.

Help I need a user name! said...

Yeah...I keep thinking DDR would be fun to have around. I'm liking the blogging, too. :-)

ioio said...

Perhaps not chick flicks--they would depress me too much (all the love and huggy kissing), but The British Office really makes me less depressed. I watch it when I'm feeling sad and it always makes me feel better that I don't live in Slough.

But instead, in a swamp--or an onion--know as Chicago.

Hope things mend quickly.