Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy Monday, Everyone!

I got my grade for the 2nd half of Math for Elementary Educators tonight...an "A!" I'm still freaked that I'm getting good grades in math...two Bs, and now two As! I can live with that!

In two weeks I get to go to Las Vegas with a friend. She got us a free room at the Golden Nugget on Fremont Street with her husband's frequent flyer miles. He works for "an unnamed major defense contractor" and has to fly to Germany or Yemen or California or someplace similar a few times a year. We're planning to just hang out at the pool (not that I have a "hanging out at the pool" body, by any means) and drink fruity drinks with umbrellas and chillax, as the hip kids say. We've both got kids, husbands, and jobs; it will be good to take a break.

Then, sometime in the first 2 weeks of August, we're planning a family vacation to either Rocky Point, San Diego, or Yellowstone Park. We'd love to go to Yellowstone, but it is a long drive and I only have a week vacation for the summer (the rest I've saved for Christmas). I would be completely content going to San Diego because a) we can camp and make it cheap, b) the ocean is there, c) there's a roller coaster on one of the beaches that I haven't been on yet, d) being in California seriously ups my chances of accidentally running into Keanu Reeves (suuuuuure, that's gonna happen!), the hottest man alive besides my husband, e) the ocean is there, f) I love the ocean, g) we can go see the tide pools and look at the ocean, h) Coronado Island-who doesn't love that?, and i) because the ocean is there. Did I mention I love the ocean??

My husband is being completely without opinion, except of course he doesn't prefer San Diego because it can be expensive. This is the first year in a loooooonnnnnnnggggg time that we've had decent money to vacation with, because we've both been working and saving a little. But we have been to San Diego a few times, too. Rocky Point might be fun...who knows?

And, I shouldn't write this down because if I do, it might fall apart, but this coming Saturday I have the house all to myself! Shhhhh! The kids are off to family camp with their grandma (my mother-in-law), and my husband is working. I do not plan to get out of bed until I'm darn good and ready...and I may lie in there and read a book before I get up! I should, and probably will, make an appointment to get my hair cut, too. It's seriously unruly. We'll see what we'll see.

I wish all of you a very Happy Independence Day!! Do the fireworks safely!!

1 comment:

ioio said...

Happy 4th to You, too!

Never been to either place, but both sound really fun.

Happy vacationing!

And....AN A!!! Congrats! You rock! Fantastic.
Next, you're telling me you are changing to be a math scholar.