Sunday, May 11, 2008

I wish I were 9 again...

Happy Mother's Day, all you moms! And all of you who have moms! I hope you had a fabulous day. I know I did.

At the end of the fabulous day, I was talking with Julia, my 9-year-old daughter. As you may know, I'm in school, and we were talking about my school. She asked if I would ever graduate. I told her that yes, next year I will. I asked her if she would feel better if I were not in school, and she said, "well, yeah...kind of." She asked me if I wanted to quit, and I said that sometimes I do, but if I do, I will have a harder time getting a good job.

She said, "You could always make lemonade. And sell it, in the park, on hot sunny days. And when it's cold, you could make hot chocolate."

Sounds good to me, kiddo...if only! :)

3 comments:

Chell said...

First! :-)

Happy mothers Penny, hope you had an awesome day.
Little kids are so cute like that. They come up with the most original ideas and cant seem to understand why you dont think they are genius! :-)

ioio said...

you'll make a mint!

Nancy Face said...

Awww...she's a cutie! I love how kids think! :)