Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I know I should, but...

I just can't keep reading my homework. It's finance homework. It's a bunch of formulas and equations and it's 9:39 p.m. I'm at Unlimited Coffee on 12th-ish Street and Glendale, because it is supposed to be quieter than my house, which has kids in it.

Did you know kids are not conducive to quiet homework time? They're not. They're fabulous at many, many other things, like bringing joy and happiness, painting/coloring/drawing really cool pictures, and hugging. But not so much on the quiet homework time.

But Unlimited Coffee has this fabulous music playing. It's all stuff from the '50s and '60s, and it's that great "Who Put the Bomp in the Bomp...etc", and "Turn around, look at me," and stuff. So I'm trying to concentrate on percentage of something-or-other, and on the time value of money, really I am. But I'm listening to music instead. And having great coffee with pumpkin flavoring. And a cranberry-orange scone.

I have my homework done. It's just reading the chapters that I'm not caught up on. I'm a chapter behind. I hope it will be okay, and I think it will be. Besides, "Mr. Tambourine Man" is playing...how bad could life be?

3 comments:

Chell said...

First! :)

I know that feeling..when you should be doing something else, but everything and anything manages to pry your attention away? :)

Hope you enjoyed your pumpkin coffee!

Nancy Face said...

I cannot read if there's music or TV on, or if anyone is talking. Not even fiction, let alone textbooks...ugh!

Hang in there, my friend! :)

Nancy Face said...

Thank you so much for coming to Lauren's wedding reception! We really loved meeting you! :D