Thursday, July 12, 2007

What Happens in Vegas...

...when I'm there probably won't be nearly exciting enough to hide from anyone. I'm headed there with my friend tomorrow, for a wonderful weekend!

I heard our hotel (The Golden Nugget on Fremont Street) has a fantastic pool. There is a shark tank next to the pool, and the pool has a waterslide that somehow goes through the shark tank. I don't know...I'll let you know when I get back. Because, almost 40 or not, I'm goin' on the waterslide!! There's also a swim up bar. I haven't had a Pina Colada since 1993, but I may this weekend! I'm not sure I can resist having something at a swim-up bar sometime in my life! In other news this week...

Computer Hackers Suck! Yesterday I was sitting at work, talking to a co-worker, when all these little error-message-looking boxes kept coming up on my monitor. I mean, like 50 or 60 of them, one right after the other. It was kind of like when that lady in the Southwest Airlines commercial opens the "Pink Slip Virus" on her work computer. Except I hadn't opened anything. I was without a computer all day while our ever-so-patient and kind IT guru worked on it.

The kids came home from camp! I missed them. They had a great time and made fabulous crafts.

We (okay, my husband) installed two new toilets in our house. Bless his heart, he put the first one in, then turned around and said "I wonder if I can fix this sink." He turned the faucet on, and the handle broke off in his hand, spewing water all over the bathroom. I went to Lowe's to get a new faucet, and while I was gone, he thought he'd put the other toilet in. He got the old one off and started to attach the new one to the floor, but apparently there's an iron ring that is in the floor, that the toilet is supposed to attach to. It came out of the floor. So, the plumber came out and basically stopped the bleeding, we went to Motel 6 for the night (it was 9:30 when the 2nd toilet went awry), and actually got a good night's sleep! The next day, with a new iron ring in, the toilet attached just fine. The sink is still an issue, but with the bleeding stopped and with two other bathrooms, we're just leaving it be for now.

I had an evaluation at work and got a nice raise. I'm so blessed to be there!

I learned that sometimes friendships die, and sometimes they just need a break. I'm not sure which of those choices is happening with one of my friends, but it's okay. I love her anyway, and we'll be okay someday.

But now...a much-needed break in Las Vegas!! We leave tomorrow at 11:00.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

ioio said...

WoW! New Look! Lots of updates.

1. Vegas. A shark tank next to the pool! Wowzers. And do get an extra colada for me, will you? A swim up bar! Hope you're enjoying it!

2. Toilet. Well, that's not exactly what I was talking about in regards to a bidet...

3. Raise! Congrats!

4. Friendships. It's always tough to tell what to do. Sometimes you have to let them die in order for them to come back. Sometimes, though, they come back like weeds.

Have a blast! Glad the kids are come. You need some rest and a great night out on the Nugget!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Wow, that water slide poold/shark tank thingy sounds AWESOME! If I drank alcohol I would so order something from the swim up bar.