Sunday, August 12, 2007

5 Things Meme

I totally and completely stole this from Lauren, because it's been a LOOOOOONNNNNNNNGG day and I needed an idea for a post.

Five things I was doing 10 years ago
1. Being a mom for the first time...our son was 2 months old!
2. Working at American Indian Art Magazine.
3. Freaking out about being a mom.
4. Watching WAY more TV than I do now (hey, you gotta do something at all those night time feedings.
5. Buying our first car with air bags.

Five things on my to-do list today
1. Go to church.
2. Plan and pre-cook dinners for the week.
3. Go to bed by 10:00 (oops!)
4. Set alarm for 6:00 a.m. (ugh! I'm SO not a morning person) to get the kids up and ready for their first day of school tomorrow.
5. Nap (I did, sort of, while watching "Spanglish."
Five snacks I enjoy
1. Cheese Sticks
2. Applesauce cups
3. Cookies
4. Wintergreen Lifesavers
5. Ice Cream

Five things I'd do if I were a millionaire
1. Pay off my house.
2. Pay off my parents house.
3. Go to either Mansfield, MO or DeSmet, SD to study Laura Ingalls Wilder in depth.
4. Pay off my cars.
5. Get my entire extended family together for a big, super-fun vacation.
]
Five things I'd never wear again
1. Bell Bottoms
2. Those see-thru, colored (mine was purple) raincoats of the 80's...so HOT!
3. My band jacket
4. My "senior key" necklace that I thought was so important to have.
5. Leg Warmers (at least I don't think I would).
Five favorite toys
1. Computer
2. iPod
3. My Kitchen Aid Mixer
4. Cell Phone
5. the TV in my room

4 comments:

ioio said...

i still wear legwarmers. i have a whole hat box full that i wear nonstop in the fall and winter and spring. i wear them over heels, over tights, leggings mostly with dresses and skirts...i'm stuck.

and i have a clear raincoat. with orange piping. it's prada, so i guess that i can "get away with it."

what exactly are "cheese sticks"?

Klin said...

LOL- I thought I needed the "senior key" necklace and bracelet. Guess what? They've been hanging in my jewelry box for over 22 years.

Mmmm. Kitchen Aid Mixer. Makes wonderful bread dough.

Glad you stole it. It's fun to read your answers.

Tori :) said...

I watched so much more tv when I had a newborn too!! I got hooked on weird shows...

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Loved your answers! After i read the word cookies, I got really hungry...