Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Vacation Pictures!

At Long Last...some pictures from our Mexico trip!






Mayan Resorts-
Our first day, we went to Mayan Resorts. Sounds odd, I know. See, I (the wimp) was driving as we entered Mexico, and at the border a man waved me over to the side, so I assumed I had to stop. After his 5-minute spiel, I don't know what possessed us to actually give him $20 for all the free stuff he promised us--including our $20 returned to us. We arrived here at 9:30 in the morning, and left (finally! Four salesmen and women later!!) at 12:30, with our $20 and a free bottle of tequila. It wasn't that good, either. Total time-share sales pitch...if you go, you only have to stop at the border when you see a dude in a uniform with a Stop (Alto, in Mexico) sign.





CEDO
This is a museum we visited on our second day in Mexico. It was about 1/4 mile, tops, from the beach house we rented. That's me, in the pink (the big one in the pink). My hair was a mess all week with the humidity. Normally it's curly, but in Mexico, next to the ocean...it was REALLY curly!

We're standing in front of a Fin Whale skeleton. This whale, sadly, beached itself in Rocky Point in 1985.






Hermit Crabs-

One of the neat things about Rocky Point is that low tide and high tide are very different. Early (5:00) Tuesday morning, I went out to the living room to look at the ocean, and the water had receded probably 150 feet from where it had been the night before. I immediately remembered the tsunami in the Indian Ocean, and promptly woke up my husband to ask him if we should worry about this. We decided to go back to sleep, and it was a good thing. The water being back that far is normal for Rocky Point, and when it recedes, there are sand bars all over the place near the shore. This picture is of hermit crabs, which were plentiful around the sand bar in front of our house. They're really cool! They hide in the shells (the white, long one above was named Jenny by our kids) and scuttle around in the sand when they want to. You can pick them up and they'll peek at you, but I've never seen one come all the way out of the shell. We found and played with (and put back in the water) several over the week.







The Beach toward Old Town, from in front of our house.


















The cutest boy in the world, in the hole he dug.


















The cutest girl in the world, playing "Trouble" with wet hair.
















Parasailing--Aaaaaahhhhhh!
I can't wait to go again!!

2 comments:

ioio said...

Really beautiful photos!

Looks just like paradise. Oh, I so want to go to Mexico now.

You didn't have problems with the water...you know what I mean, right?

Yippe! Vacation.

ioio said...

your new haircut sounds cute.

i think i've decided to grow mine. i'm the same way with getting my hair cut--i really trust my hair stylist. i'm like you, "i want this" and then it's done.

it's always difficult to get it just right, though, for a few days after it looks amazing from the way they styled it! argh!