Monday, September 17, 2007

And now, Deep Thoughts...by Penny

Have you ever noticed how little quiet is in the world? Media is everywhere; clock radio, TV, car radio, Ipod, CD collection. Different ways to make noise on each noisemaker; CD player/radio/alarm; CD/Stereo; TV/VCR/DVD/TiVo; multiple ring tones; on and on and on. I would love to just sit in a hammock or a rocking chair or lie in the grass and hear...nothing. Crickets, maybe. Bees buzzing by. Watch the clouds and think. Or--gasp!--read a book. In the quiet. With no music or alarm or phone or TV or radio commercial telling me I need to Get Down There Now!! Now!! Now!! and buy a Subaru...anywhere nearby. Quiet. Rest. Peace.

Just a thought...

Peace out...

3 comments:

Klin said...

This is why I go camping. I cook a little and read a lot and sit and do nothing the rest of the time. I love the peace and serenity that nature provide. Man (I mean that in a very general sense of the word) messes it up.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I love silence. I love reading and not having any sound...its the best feeling in the world!

ioio said...

i live in the city. this is never going to happen.

at times i find myself overstimulated by sound. especially early in the morning.

btw, what did you do for the birthday!