Thursday, September 27, 2007

Randomness

-Have you ever noticed how rude the world is becoming? We're hiring for a position at work, and we scheduled second interviews with three people. Second interview--that's a big deal, right?
Well, not apparently for this one lady, who didn't show up and didn't even call. I left her a message after she didn't show, asking her if I'd gotten the day wrong or if she wasn't interested in working with us. I asked her to call back. She didn't.

-Don't buy toys from MGA Entertainment/Rescue Pets. My daughter (8 yrs. old) did, and the little bone that they put the code on, so the kids can play online, got lost in the flurry. I tried to register without it (there's a website that apparently they can go and play on with the toy they bought), but I couldn't and the webpage said to contact myepets.com. I did, and after ingnoring my first two e-mails, I got irritated with them and sent a stronger e-mail. They wrote back with a form letter that said they had been having trouble accessing my e-mail...yeah...right. They also said in the form letter that the UPC code I gave them didn't match a toy that could go online, even though the web address and the things you can do on website are plastered all over the box. In yet another form letter. And then tonight, I got an e-mail from a person with a name, rather than MGA Customer Service, that matched almost exactly the letter they sent last night, stating they were "unable" to help. So, I e-mailed this information to them, and then they responded that they are "unable" [read, "don't give a crap"] to replace the code. I promised them I'd tell everyone I knew, and though I don't technically know all of you personally, I thought I'd pass it on. If you buy a Rescue Pet, guard the tiny paper bone with your life, because MGA Entertainment has no intention of being customer friendly.

-My kids and I are reading "Harriet the Spy" together. Great book.

-I have purchased Christmas presents for five people already. And it's technically still September. Woo-Hoo!

-I have been obsessed with thoughts about and curiosity with someone from my past for the past two weeks. The last time this happened, the person moved here. Hmm...

-I had my teeth cleaned today. I went in for 2 crowns, but all they could fit in was the cleaning. Next Thursday is crown day. I had a credit of $67, and my bill for today was $62! Woo-hoo again!

-The soundtrack from "Dirty Dancing" makes me happy. ;)

3 comments:

Klin said...

Great randomness. Sounds like one of my weeks.

Erica said...

Hi, my name is Erica and I came across your blog today and really enjoyed the section in which you talked about the 5 "lame" things you are proud of.

I work for Matchstick, a leading North American word of mouth marketing agency looking for social and influential moms in Phoenix to answer a few questions about parenting and automotive trends. I think you might be a good fit for an upcoming program we are running for the launch of a new Dodge vehicle. Please e-mail back at erica@matchstick.ca or call me at 1-800-530-8092 for more information. Feel free to check out what we do at here at Matchstick - www.matchstick.ca.

ioio said...

random, indeed. but, highly entertaining!